Monday, August 29, 2011

Hair Bow Organizers

Do you have a drawer full of hairbows or a ziplock bag full of hair things that you just don't know what to do with? We had both. For all those loose rubber bands I used travel soap dishes, which works awesomely. But we still have all those bows. I saw some monogram letters with ribbons hanging off of them at some craft shows which I thought was a great idea, but I could probably do for half the price. So I went on etsy.com to see if I could get any ideas and this is what I came up with...
This is what I came up with.
I painted a wooden plack and a wooden letter with cheap craft paint. Olivia wanted pink. So Emelyn got purple. Then cut out a square piece of scrapbooking paper and then hodgpodged it, glued on the letter, and used some more hodgepodge. Finally I attached some matching ribbon. You can't tell in the picture but I put a skinny piece of ribbon down the center of a thicker piece. Ended up working out awesome, because it is a great place to clip the bows that have a clasp. I also looped the middle one and cliped it with a barrett to hold handbands or hair ties. Just have to remember if I want to use that barrett I need to use another bow to hold my loop.

I love how they turned out. My favorite part, Olivia, who doesn't always want bows in her hair, wants to get a bunch more bows. I told her if I got them for her she would have to wear them. She said she would. I do believer, because she is wearing them a lot more than she did.

They were really fun to make. I even made one for my niece. Might have to make some more for Christmas gifts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment